Following the Norman invasion , a garrison town was built at Tenby , complete with
St. Mary’s Parish Church, the largest of its kind in Wales
Attacks on the town by the native Welsh in 1187 and 1260 , resulted in the building
of the town walls by William De Valence, Earl of Pembroke.
This is a photo of one of the the 4 Round towers , in Tenby's ancient Town Wall ,
with 2 arches and access into the Town.
"Belts Arch" was made in this D shaped Tower in 1784 , on South Parade.
There are 2 Square towers as well in the town wall.
Either side of the Tower is a long line of flowering Red Horse Chestnut Trees .
Location: SN 133.004