The Castle founded in 1191 by William Fitz Martin / overlooks the Nevern Estuary .
The Castle was damaged by Llwellyn the Great in 1215.
Rebuilt / then damaged by Llwellyn ap Gruffydd in 1257.
Rebuilt again / damaged by Owain Glyndwr in 1408 / after which it fell into decline.
It remained a ruin until 1859 when the gatehouse and one of its towers were converted into
a residence , in a nineteenth century romantic style , by the Lloyds of Bronwydd .
Today the castle is in private ownership and not open.
A Tele Photo shot taken from the Parrog.
Location: SN 052.396