Cresswell Castle Ruins
The buildings were originally a 13th century stone fortified manorial complex,
founded by the Augustinian Priory of Haverfordwest , to defend the highest
navigable point of the River Cresswell.
In 1553, the Barlows of Slebech converted the fortress into a manor house,
with stables, fish-ponds and a garden.
By the 18th century, the site had been abandoned.
Location: SN 050 071