A striking memorial on the west wall of The Lorts Chapel - Stackpole Elidor Church.
The church with it's tall tower ( a feature of south pembrokeshire churchs )
is full of monuments and memorials.
This wall tomb is to Roger Lort ( died 1613 ) , who bought the Manor and
Lordship of Stackpole only a few years before his death.
Roger and his wife Albertha are the praying figures, in the niches between
ionic half columns.
On the panel below their 7 sons and 5 daughters kneel.
A heraldic roundel tops the monument.
Lorts Chapel also has a Tomb to John the first Earl Cawdor ( died 1860 )
and another tomb ,at floor level, with two early 14th century female praying effigies.
Location: SR 987.973