St Gwyndaf Church / Llanwnda is an Early Medieval Church , of a simple Welsh design ,
on the Pencaer peninsula , cruciform in shape with a double bellcote ,
reconstructed in 1880.
Five 7th-9th century early christian inscribed stones , carved by stonemasons working
under monastic patronage , have been built in to the outside walls of the Church .
On the photo is a close up of the most interesting stone , which is decorated with a face and
celtic patterns ( located under the south aisle east window ) .
Crosses are carved on the other stones / some crosses are difficult to make out.
Location: SM 9320.3957