A view from the turret above the Gatehouse at Manorbier Castle .
In view is the Chapel (1260AD ) and the Hall Keep (1130AD) ,
with Manorbier Beach / Bay behind
In the distance the beaches of Freshwater East / Barafundle , and the headland at
Stackpole / St Govan's.
The Norman Knight Odo de Barri was granted lands at Manorbier after Pembrokeshire
was conquered in 1093 , the stone castle was built in the 12th and 13th century.
Location: SS 0643.9779